Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thai - inspired dish with peanut sauce

I tried some more experimental cooking last night with peanut sauce.  The flavors actually blended really well!  I was pleasantly surprised, and my husband liked it so that's a win :)

Before adding fresh mango slices and peanut sauce


Quinoa is a wonderful grain and is a complete protein all by itself.  Near East is an easy brand that you can fix in the microwave.  I cooked some carrots and celery in the microwave and mixed it in with the quinoa after cooking the grain.  Add sliced cucumber, mango and the peanut sauce!  It sounds like a weird combination, but it's very refreshing and filling.

I went partially by the sauce recipe, and you can view the site here: 



1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

I guessed on the measurements and just used the peanut butter, coconut milk, water, soy sauce, garlic (powder) and ginger seasoning. I added a little bit of stevia as well.









0 comments: