Monday, April 29, 2013

Microwave vegetarian "chili"


I'm lucky that my husband is not a picky eater. I've been able to experiment a lot with recipes!
I tried a kind of vegetarian microwave chili last night.

1 onion, chopped
1 cup thinly sliced celery
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 zucchini, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon chili powder  
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese  


I left out the zucchini, bell pepper, chopped onion, garlic and cheese.  Substitute the garlic/onion for a can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion in it. I also added a can of mixed vegetables.



2 comments:

  1. This looks quite delicious! Looking at the final product, it is hard to believe that it came from a microwave!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I know! It's amazing what you can make ... or what you'll try to make when you don't have a lot of cooking options :)

    ReplyDelete